Applicants have the option to interview before being offered a spot, or securing a spot with a deposit and have an interview later on to confirm it is a good fit. In the event we feel this isn’t the right trip for you, the deposit is fully refunded.
Trip fees do not include flights, visa and arrival fees, passport costs, travel vaccinations, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs, or travel insurance.
The remaining profits return to The Giving Lens to do a number of things. 1) pay our small staff (currently 1 full time and 1 part time) a very (very) humble salary. It also covers administrative and various overhead costs, not limited to website maintenance, advertisements, taxes, software, accounting, banking, and other basic small business costs . We also must retain a comfortable buffer of funds for emergencies, year-end taxes, last-minute drop outs/cancellations, marketing, contests, and many other costs which add up over the course of a year.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant has 7 days from invitation to join to accept and to pay deposit, except in cases of less than three months to departure (see #6). If cannot be contacted by the 10th day, spot is opened up to a waiting list / posted online.
- The Deposit is not refundable but is transferable forward to a future trip with TGL, if four months notice is given.
- Less than four months, deposit is non-refundable, and cannot transfer forward.*
- Remainder is due 8 weeks prior to departure. If it is late and no contact can be made, three emails of warning will occur before spot is considered forfeited and deposit is retained.
- Remainder is non-refundable, non-transferable.*
- Where the applicant has applied with less than three months to departure, payment in full may be required.
- In the extremely unlikely event that the trip is cancelled by us due to civil unrest, a natural disaster, or other unforeseen, rare occurrences, there are two options.
- a) If participant would like to transfer forward to a future trip with open spots, s/he need only pay any different in cost (or accept a refund in difference).
- b) if participant would prefer a refund: a 10% processing fee.
All participants are required to produce an electronic signature on the Refund Policy, and on a TGL Participant Contract which states that health and well-being are as listed on the original application; that they have purchased health and travel insurance (including flight cancellation insurance); and that they have read and agreed to all the terms above.